Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Infrared Film Images

I shot a roll of Infrared Film with the Holga to get some experience with IR and film.
Unfortunately the day turned overcast, so the contrasts are somewhat subdued.
I used a Hoya R72 IR Pass Filter, and exposed for approximately 1 second. The results were a bit under exposed, and I think that 2 seconds might have been better for this light.
I developed the negatives in Kodak D-76, exactly as normal B&W film, and scanned them with my Epson 4490 flatbed scanner.
I also took reference images with my Sony 717 in Nightshot, using the Hoya R72 and an ND 8 filters.
Photoshop editing was approximately the same for the film images and the 717 images. I purposely did not edit any of them as much as I normally would for IR because I want to show the images in their original state.

Holga
Sony 717
Holga
Sony 717
Holga
Sony 717
Holga
Sony 717
HolgaSony 717

1 comment:

Síle said...

interesting article. was looking for Holga IR and came across your blog. very well done.