Monday, October 13, 2008

Holga shoots EIR Color Infrared Film

As some of you may already know, in addition to my addiction to Holga Photography, I am also a devote of all things Infrared or IR. I have posted some B&W IR Film images here on the Holga Buzz in the past. Recently, I got the opportunity to shoot some quickly disappearing EIR Color IR Film. The full story of that adventure is detailed on:

The IR Buzz Technical Article


If you are interested in trying out this rapidly disappearing film format, you will find contact information and availability in the IR Buzz technical article. Here are the results of the first and only roll I have shot to date. One of the highlights of the shoot was my meet-up with Jules Alexander who owns and hosts the best IR Forum on the entire whacky-wide-web! It's all in the posting over there on the IR Buzz. I have 2 more EIR rolls which I am hoarding for the "right time and place" to expose, so stay tuned for a few more Color EIR Holga Images here in the future.

Images of San Marcos, TX.


The following images are the copyrighted work of Jules Alexander - used with permission.

Images of Gruene, TX. (pronnounced "Green").

3 comments:

weeza said...

I WANT this film!

bob said...

do you need a filter?

Infrared Photography Buzz said...

I used an Orange filter for these shots.

Look at: www.irbuzz.blogspot.com for an article and contact information for this color IR film. It is still available, but may not be much longer.